Sunday, September 25, 2011

Soup Saver Trick

I learned a little trick this week and thought it would be great to share with readers. I can't believe I have been an adult this long and didn't know about this trick.

I made a pot of White chicken chili the other night and since my hubby was working he ate out, leaving and entire pot of chili with only me to eat. While I did like the soup there was no way I could eat a giant crockpot of soup by myself. I saw this trick online and it worked perfectly.

I have the silicone muffin pans, but I'm sure the metal ones would work too. I filled each muffin spot with a scoop of soup and placed them in the freezer over night. I then popped out the frozen soup and put it in a ziplock freezer bag. Now when I need a quick meal it can be popped into a coffee mug or bowl and heated in the microwave for a fast meal.  Super easy and fast. I filled 24 muffin spots and got a gallon size bag full of soup hockey pucks :). I did the same with the leftover chicken and noodles.  What a great way to save money and have less food go to waste! Give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment