Thursday, March 7, 2013

Been a while...

I feel like its been forever since I blogged. I had hip surgery over the holidays so I was out of commission for a while. I'm doing well now and back to my old self. The hubby and I are trying the clean eating plan. I haven't had any form of gluten or cross contamination since the beginning of February. I'm also currently on no sugar or starch other that what is found in certain veggies and fruit. Do I miss the sugar? Nah, I eat fruit and that gives me a good fix. I had tried a couple things that I had blogged on. I kept forgetting.



I tried the Crunchmaster Cheesy Crisps recently. I did not like them. They have a processed cheese taste that was gross. Reminded me of the processed cheese on Doritos only less tasty. I will say I love Crunchmaster's Multigrain Crackers and buy them all the time when I'm eating carbs.

I'm still a huge fan of KIND bars. They are wonderful. There are so many options and very healthy yet feel like a treat. My favorite is the Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew bar.

Recently had the gluten free chicken burgers from the Hy-Vee W Kimberly's frozen section - they are fantastic. I just put them on the George Foreman grill. They are seasoned with basic stuff but are amazing.

I know the Hy-Vee on W Kimberly has been stocking those gf items like crazy. They have so many more choices now. It's fantastic! I still love my Udi's bread (when I'm eating carbs). My favorite recently is the cinnamon raisin bread. YUM!

Oh and one last thing I found I really like...Tofu! Who knew?! I just fry it up or cook it with other meat so it just adds a bit more protein but my family doesn't notice. So lucky to have a friend who is a pro with the stuff.

I do have some sweet potato Asian noodles to try and when I do I will blog on it. I got them at an Asian market in Iowa City.

No comments:

Post a Comment