Thursday, May 23, 2013

Protein Bar

I tried this recently. It was very chewy. It tastes like a protein bar, which was a turn off for me. I don't like the consistency of power bars. It reminded me too much of that. It had good brownie flavor, the only issue I had was the texture. I got the brownie one at Hy-Vee W. Kimberly in Davenport. If you don't mind the consistency of a power bar, give it a shot. I personally would not buy this flavor.

I also recently tried the ALT bar from Lara Bars. I tried the Cinnamon Apple Crisp version. It was a weird consistency. Not bad, just odd. It tasted good if you like anything Apple Cinnamon flavored. I went back to Hyvee W Kimberly to see if they had any other flavors, bu they were sold out. It was great in my gym bag for a quick snack. I would buy this product. 

I saved the best for last...

Nogii bars by Elizabeth Hasselbeck - I tried the Chocolate Mint bar - it was really tasty. It again had an odd texture, more like a candy bar than a protein bar (thank God). It tasted like Thin Mints (Girl Scout Cookies). I can't wait to try her other bars. The entire Nogii line is supposed be gluten free. There is even a Paleo product line.  I will definitely buy this product again.




No comments:

Post a Comment