Friday, February 25, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

I found a new love...spaghetti squash! I had never had it until last night. I have heard about it, but didnt' believe it would make a good substitute to my beloved pasta. Now that I'm gluten free I figured I would give it a try...it was fantastic and EASY. It's low in calories and filling. I used it in place noodles and didn't miss them a bit. My 5 year old liked it too.

It's very easy to cook. I cut it in half and cleaned out the pulp and seeds. I put a little salt/pepper on the inside and put it cut side down on a baking sheet and baked at 375 for 40 minutes. I let it cool for a few minutes, flipped it over and put a fork on the inside and twisted it, the insides come off like noodles. It's pretty cool. I'm hoping to try to grow them this summer in my garden. I topped it with ground turkey and pasta sauce, it was wonderful. Give it a shot and you might find you don't even miss pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment