Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chia Seeds

How did I not know about these amazing little seeds? I had seen the commercials for Chia Pets, but never considered eating the seeds. They are super healthy...who knew?! They are pricy little buggers, but so worth it. They basically absorb liquid and make you feel full adding some texture to foods at the same time. I have used these little gems daily for the past month. They work well at making you "regular" sorry TMI. They do not really have a taste.
I have used them in Yogurt and I now use them daily in my Overnight Oats. LOVE THEM!

The people of the ancient Aztec and Incan empires revered chia seeds as vital nourishment.These mighty non-gluten seeds, packed with Omega-3, protein, rare antioxidants, and fiber, are making a strong comeback in the 21st century. Enjoy them on yogurt or oatmeal or in baked goods or smoothies. Try soaking 2 Tbsp of chia seed for 5 minutes in 3-4 oz of water to produce a nutritious chia gel that can be added to hundreds of recipes. There is no need to grind chia

No comments:

Post a Comment