Friday, May 13, 2011

Aleia's Gluten Free Foods

Teresa from my Hy-Vee (West Kimberly) hooked me up with some samples of Aleia's products this week. They are a new product line that is being brought into the huge GF section at the Hy-Vee W Kimberly. If you haven't stopped over to that Hy-Vee I highly recommend it, they have so many options and are getting new products regularly!

Anyway - Aleia's has quite a few things that us GF people often must live without. They offer GF Breadcrumbs, GF croutons, GF Almond Horns (cookies), GF Macaroons and GF Stuffing.  So far I have tried the macaroons and the almond horns.

The macaroons require their own paragraph :) They are packaged in a bag - they are moist little marcaroonie goodness. It's absolutely impossible to eat only one, so its a good thing they are small. They are fantastic! They are kind of pricey, but what isn't these days! They are good enough to justify the occasional splurge!

The almond horn's are good too. I was under the impression they would be like a donut or macaroon - soft and moist. They are not. They are more like a cookie. They are good with coffee or tea. I shared one with my hubby and he liked it too. I also sent a little "care package" to my fellow gf friend Patti (she liked them too).

Their products have promise!! I will be purchasing them more often now that I got to try them and found they taste wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment