Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm at a loss...

I seem to be stuck in a gf rut. I don't really have anything new to try and I'm anxiously awaiting the opening of a new restaurant in Davenport that promises possibilities for us gf folks. I will of course blog on it as soon as I get to try it.

I tried the Front Street Brewery yesterday and had nachos because they seemed the safest...I was wrong. I got sick. So I won't be going that route again.

I seem to be eating the same things and I'm very bored with it. Anyone have any new suggestions??

2 comments:

  1. These aren't super "WOW!" recipes, but they're easy, quick, and tasty!

    Taco Salad

    Brown ground beef (or ground turkey) and flavor with taco seasonings. Prepare a plate with crushed tortilla chips and the lettuce of your choice (we like romaine). Top with ground beef, cheese, salsa, black beans, corn, sour cream, guacamole, or whatever you'd like! For an extra punch of flavor, use GF Doritos instead of tortilla chips.


    Favorite Quick Dessert - Black Bean Brownies

    It's so insanely easy, and you can just forget that brownies are in the mix. You really can't tell and it makes it healthier than other flour-based brownies. See how I just justified a second brownie? :)

    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Black-Bean-Brownies/Detail.aspx


    Hopefully that helps or at least gets your brain jogged. I enjoy reading your blog for your restaurant reviews - whenever I'm in the QC I know where to go! :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the post. That brownie recipe looks to die for!! I plan to try that out on my days off this week. I will definitely post it when I do!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete