Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spaghetti Squash - the Mexican Version

I found this recipe on food.com too. I'm telling you - that is a great site. Anyway, I am obsessed with spaghetti squash. I want to find as many ways as possible to use it, so I can get an extra serving of vegetables in my family's diet.

The recipe is pretty basic. Split the squash and dig out the seeds and pulp.  Bake it cut side down until the rind is soft. While that is cooking you can prep the things you are going to add. I added: tomatoes, black beans, ground beef, jalapenos and "taco" spices. Topped with cheese in a baking dish and baked for about 20 minutes. I topped mine with Spicy Ortega Taco Sauce. All that was missing was sour cream, we were out.

Check this healthy way to get in your veggies but still enjoy the Mexican flare. It's such a great basic Recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment