Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Flatbread and hummus

I made flatbread to take to work today! It was so easy. It was a recipe that was brought to the Celiac Thanksgiving. I made a few adjustments of my own.

1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Cup cornstarch
1 TBS Sugar
2 TSP Xanthan Gum
1/8tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt


3/4 Cup Water
1tsp Cider Vinegar
2 TBS Canola Oil
2 Eggs

Mix all dry ingredients well in a bowl. Then add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Grease two 8inch square pans and dust with brown rice flour.  Spread half the batter into each pan and smooth out with the back of a wet spoon. Bake 15 minutes at 350 until the bread pulls away from the side.

*I added garlic powder and oregano to mine and Parmesan cheese to one of them.

I used the flat bread to dip into Margaritaville Foods Island Chipolte hummus. It was so tasty. Plenty of kick and gluten free. I tried the one with roasted garlic hummus by Athenos, but wasn't fond of the over powering garlic flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment