Sunday, December 26, 2010

My new best friend

Spending much of the holidays surrounded by glutenous goodness, I have found a new friend. Alka Seltzer, the simple little discs dropped into water deliver an almost instant release after their plop plop fizz fizz routine. I have found if I accidentally ingest some gluten and it gives me the normal stomach ache, I can find some relief by taking Alka Seltzer, realize I am not celiac. I still get very sick, but I have found this at least makes the whole process of the gluten moving through my system easier. It eases the stomach ache a bit and help coat my stomach making the rest of the uncomfortable elimination of gluten easier. I have found it tastes best dissolved in cool water, not warm or cold. I keep them in my purse at all times. They are cheap. I don't know why I never tried them til the last month. I highly recommend trying them if only for minor relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment