Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Parties are upon us...

I thought I had prepared myself for the holiday parties I knew I would be attending. I had no problems at a wine party on Friday night, but everyone there was very aware of my issues and made big efforts to make sure I had food to eat. I went to my husband's work party last night that was catered and wasn't so lucky. I ate what I thought "looked" ok and found out the hard way that looks are deceiving. I was very sick. We had to leave the party earlier than we planned, which was a bummer. The next party I have to go to is on Tuesday, I will be taking my own food. I can't take the risk this time of year due to my bodies reactions to gluten this is a rough time of year for me. I get rosacea on my face which gets worse during the winter when its aggravated.

Hope you are finding ways to deal with parties that don't conform or even try to ease your dining needs. I want to hear from you, how do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment