Friday, April 19, 2013

Plant Fusion

I am in the process of trying to find a tasty protein option for after my workouts. I am not having an easy time of it. I took to Facebook to see if I could contact a couple gluten free companies for samples. I am happy to say Sun Warrior is sending me some free samples, but I have not received them yet.

I contacted Plant Fusion and while they do not give free samples (really?) they did tell me I could order them at a discount. I went to Vegan Essentials and put in an order for a sample kit. It came with 4 flavors for $6(including shipping). The flavors are: Chocolate Raspberry, Vanilla, Unflavored and Chocolate.

Chocolate Raspberry I mixed with water. It's a super fine powder so be careful when pouring or it causing a bit of coughing/choking. I mixed it all up good and then gagged it down tried to drink it. It was awful. It's very foamy. I mixed it with a small hand blender that came with our cocoa set. I could not even drink 1/4 of it. I was gagging.

Chocolate I added to a green smoothie. It wasn't as bad. I did have to add honey to cut the taste. I was able to get that whole smoothie down.

I have not tried the Vanilla or unflavored yet. I have to admit I am not looking forward to using them. I am very glad I had the option to get them at a much lower cost to try them. I would have been seriously pissed disappointed if I had bought a big jar of any of this stuff. It's not tasty. I read so many reviews online and had such high hopes. They were quickly destroyed with the first gulp. I would not waste my money on this product.

I plan to try a reader suggested product the next time I go to Hy-Vee. Hy-Vee has their own brand of protein powder that comes highly recommended in the black bag in the health market. Again...I have high hopes. I will let everyone know how the Sun Warrior product is when I receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment