Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Roasting Vegetables...YUM

I am fairly new to vegetable roasting. Who knew they tasted so good!? My family has really started to trust me on the veggie end of dinner because I have become a vegetable cooking rock star!!! Our favorites to roast so far are:

Asparagus
Green Beans
Sweet Potatoes
Red Potatoes
Carrots

For the asparagus and green beans I preheat the oven to 425 and place the vegetable on a cooking sprayed foil lined baking pan. I then drizzle olive oil over top add some kosher salt and pepper and bake for about 10 minutes, shake the pan and the bake another 10 minutes. I then take it out and add grated Parmesan cheese to the top and pop it back in for another 5 minutes. It comes out fantastic.

For sweet potatoes I peel them and slice them about 1/4 inch thick and put them in a Ziploc bag with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper.Preheat the oven to 425 and then place them on a sprayed foil lined baking sheet and pop them in the oven and bake them for 15 minutes then flip them and bake 15 more minutes. They are fabulous.

Red Potatoes and Carrots I tend to roast together. I wash the potatoes but leave the skins on. The carrots I peel and chop into smaller pieces unless I use baby carrots..Preheat the oven to 425 and then place them on a sprayed foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder or 1/2 a pkg of Herb De'Providence Seasonings from McCormick's. Pop them in the oven and bake them for 15 minutes then flip them and bake 15 more minutes. They go great with chicken and steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment