Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Protein Powders


This is a low carb, low sugar gluten free protein powder. It has a bit of an aftertaste, but not too bad. I can drink it without making too many faces. I generally mix it with unsweetened almond milk, but it can be mixed with water, milk or any kind of liquid you prefer. I add it to my green smoothies for an extra boost. So far I have tried: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and tropical -- I'm not particular on which flavor I have when I need it, I just use what I have on hand. I get them at Heritage Foods in Davenport because I can buy the individual packets.



I have also previously tried Syntrax Nectar Protein Powders. They were surprisingly tasty with unique flavors like lemon tea, roadside lemonade and the normal flavors that protein powders come in. I haven't had them in a while, but I'm pretty sure I just mixed it with water. I plan to order some of the grab and go packets on Amazon so I have them on hand after workouts.

1 comment:

  1. The very best whey powder is from HyVee. They are the only ones I've found to carry it. It comes in a black zip-top bag. The brand is NNW. It is 100% whey, has 22 grams of protein per serving, is gluten free and is sweetened with stevia. My personal favorite is Chocolate Milk flavored. I have it every day mixed with my coffee for a daily "mocha" drink. When mixed with warmed unsweetened chocolate almond milk, it makes the best hot cocoa you've ever had. My whole family prefers it to any other cocoa. They also have vanilla, strawberry, chocolate peanut butter, caramel or cinnamon something or other... not sure if there are other flavors. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete