Friday, November 12, 2010

Crustless Pizza

Easiest Dinner EVER!! I made a pizza tonight without a crust. I used Italian sausage as my crust (thanks to Mitch from the QC Celiac Dinner).  I pressed it out flat in a 9" round dark metal pan. Then cooked it at 375 degrees in the oven for 10 minutes. I took it out and dumped the grease out of the pan, but left the sausage in, cooked it becomes the "crust".

Then I put on sauce, turkey pepperoni and lots of cheese. I baked for another 13 minutes. I was a little nervous it wouldn't be very good, my glutenous husband LOVES his pizza and it shouldn't be messed with especially by not making a crust. I must say the first bite I was converted! LOVE IT!!!


My glutenous family also loved it. Next time we will add some veggies and perhaps some other kinds of cheese, but there will absolutely be a NEXT time!!

I used 1lb of Hy-Vee Brand Italian Sausage (gluten free and comes in a roll). Contandina Pizza sauce is always in our fridge because its easy to use and tastes pretty good. Hormel Turkey Pepperoni is my favorite choice for pepperoni, it's yummy. Topped off with lots of Pizza/Mozzarella Cheese - - perfect!! Add a small glass of Sweet Red Wine and it was as good as it could get in 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment