Saturday, November 27, 2010

WOW - Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was leery about trying this cookie. I haven't had much luck with pre-packaged GF cookies. They are too dry for my liking. I like a soft chewy cookie. I was given this to sample at the Celiac Thanksgiving. I was pleasantly surprised. There is no way to pass this off as a gluten cookie - it has the gluten free after taste but the taste of the cookie its self is very good. It reminds me of eating raw cookie dough. It is great with a cup of coffee. Will I run right out and buy more? No. They are bad for my waistline at 170 calories per HALF a cookie, since I don't eat HALF a cookie it cost me 340 calories. OUCH! However, for the occasional treat I will definitely eat them. They are located in the freezer section at Hy-Vee, I have seen them, but never purchased any. They cost about the same as a cookie would cost at Starbucks and is about the same size.

No comments:

Post a Comment