Friday, August 20, 2010

Bob's Red Mill - Cornbread Mix

I tried Bob's Red Mill cornbread mix for the first time around Thanksgiving last year. I was wanting something that tasted normal after so many months of choking down foods that were barely tolerable. The first time I made it, it was good. It was missing something for my taste. The next time I made it I added an additional 1/4 cup of sugar and it was great. I have also forgotten to add the extra sugar one other time and sprinkled the 1/4 cup on the top before baking, the results were fantastic! It crystallizes the sugar on top, making it delightful. I make this more often in the fall and winter months than I do any other time of the year. I have also used this mix in the cornbread corn recipe I make and it was great.

I have found the cheapest place to get it is on Amazon, but it is available in grocery stores that carry GF products. If you purchase it on Amazon you have to buy it in bulk. A box with 4 packages is $10.71 and often qualifies for free shipping. Bob's Red Mill site is wonderful for detailed information on their products. For nutritional information or ordering direct from Bob's check out their site. Bob's Red Mill Cornbread

No comments:

Post a Comment