Tuesday, August 31, 2010

King Arthur's Cookie Mix

I have tried many cookie mixes out there and there are a couple that are decent, but not really like a glutenous cookie! The gluten free ones always crumble and have that "gluten free" after taste.

King Arthur's got it right. I did not make the cookies as individuals. I made cookie bars. They are awesome. They are still slightly crumbly, but that's to be expected with gluten free mixes. It has the best flavor of a gluten free cookie mix I have ever tried. I added chocolate chips. I'm pretty sure I could pass this off to my gluten eaters and they would not know the difference.

I purchased it at my local Hy-Vee for more than $4 which was painful for a cookie mix, but worth the money if you really want a good cookie and are forced to eat gf.

I definitely suggest giving this mix a shot. It requires a stick of butter, 1 large egg, 2 TBS water, and chocolate chips or nuts. So for that kind of money it asks for a lot of my own items too.

No comments:

Post a Comment