Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bennigan's 10-17-10

We ate at Bennigan's today after cheering on my brother-in-law at the Des Moines IMT Marathon. We were seated promptly and I asked our server if they had a gluten free menu, I was told No. So I looked at the menu and nothing really appealed to me since I am tired of getting a bun less cheeseburger at every restaurant I go to that doesn't offer a gluten free menu. I opted for Cheeseburger Potato chips. They offer a large portion of homemade potato chips topped with ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and cheese sauce. The waitress was more than happy to put in my order with shredded cheese instead of cheese sauce. She also came back later and asked if it was OK if they put Ketchup and Mustard on it. This got her kudos from my hubby for at least double checking. It was tasty. I didn't get full blown sick, but had a "bloaty" feeling for two and a half hours on a long car ride home. I would still order it again because it was good, but would probably only do it closer to home so I didn't have to feel yucky on the way home.

I will admit I was disappointed they have not jumped on the gf bandwagon. A lot of Chain restaurants are at least attempting to create something for those of us with food allergies to have a guide. I hate going off the "gluten" menu and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment