Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hodgson Mills Yellow Cake Mix (GF)

Tonight my friend's husband made me Gooey Butter Cookies using the Hodgson Mills Yellow Cake Mix instead of a gluten filled cake mix. I had never tried this brand of cake mix. I have previous used Hodgson Mills soy flour and had no issues with using it since it was always in a flour blend.

I have to say I was slightly disappointed. The cookies were good, but the gluten free "aftertaste" was there. So annoying to get a yummy cookie rolled in powdered sugar and yet still able to taste that it is not like the other yummy cookies that are filled with gluten. I just was just hoping it would taste normal. I have definitely had better yellow cake mixes that are gluten free and will continue to buy those, but we learned the hard way that this one isn't a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment