Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gluten Free Cafe Soup - Veggie Noodle

I tried the Gluten Free Cafe soup today for lunch at work. It is the veggie/noodle version of the soup. I was expecting a chicken noodle taste, even though I knew it had no chicken in it. I did add my own grilled chicken tenders to the soup. I was a little concerned when I opened the can and saw the broth had a reddish brown tint to it. I am not a cooked tomato fan and saw there was tomatoes in the soup. There were also green beans, carrots, celery along with rice noodles. The flavor was tomatoey (if that's a word) but not so over bearing that I was put off by the taste.
 
I didn't think it was too bad, but I'm not sure that I would buy it regularly since I wasn't crazy about it. I cannot gush over it that it was the best soup ever, but it filled me up and the consistency was good.  I cooked it in the microwave for 2 minutes. There are about 2 cups of soup in the can at 90 cal per cup, so its low calorie wise for a lunch by itself.
 
If you are looking for an easy to make lunch at work, this is as easy as it can get.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment