Thursday, October 7, 2010

TGI Friday's 10-7-10

I tried TGI Friday's today with a girlfriend. She isn't required to eat gluten free. We were seated and I asked if they had a gluten free menu, they did (I was surprised). The waitress brought it over. It says allergen guide on the front and it offers an easy to follow picture guide as to what is in their foods. The back of the page had about 5 selections that are gluten free. They are all high priced. My lunch I ordered the Shrimp Scampi and Salmon it was $15.  I had to order it without the lemon pepper sauce and add salt/pepper, which I read directly from the gf menu to the waitress (the instructions are printed on it) and she still needed a bit of explanation. I was concerned so I asked that she make sure they added "allergy" alert to my ticket. I don't know if they actually did or not. I couldn't tell if it had lemon pepper sauce on it or not. It was tasty, but there was some sort of "sauce" on it. I did get sick about 20 minutes later, so my thoughts are the instructions were not followed. Their loaded mashed potatoes are safe and YUMMY! Will I go back, probably not, I have had much better food elsewhere at much lower prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment