Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pepperoni Bread - WOW!!

I got a new GLUTEN FREE cookbook at the Celiac Dinner the other night, Becky got it the State Celiac Conference a couple weeks ago. The book sells for $15. I combed through the entire book two times at work. I marked all kinds of things to try. Pepperoni Bread was a recipe that stood out - not pizza, but a bread roll type of thing.

The recipe uses at Chebe Pizza crust mix. This was my first time using this mix. I had to add a little bit more milk than it called for maybe 1/2 tsp more so that it was a dough and not crumbly. The recipe is from the "Let's Eat Gluten free" cookbook that was published by the New Hampton & Waverly Celiac Support Groups.

Thank you Bonnie Knapp, I don't know you but this submission to the cookbook is awesome!! My son and I finished the entire thing. He is a gluten eater and loved the pepperoni bread.

Here is the recipe:


Pepperoni Bread

1 Chebe Pizza Crust mix                     2 T. Oil
2 Eggs                                                4 T. Milk

Mix above according to the pkg directions. Knead dough and roll to 9x13 size.

1 egg
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic salt

Whisk above three ingredients together and brush over rolled out dough, reserving a small amount.

Pepperoni
4oz Cheddar Cheese

Lay Pepperoni over the top to cover and sprinkle 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese. Roll up lengthwise tightly and seal ends. Brush with remaining egg mixture and lay seam side down on the cookie sheet. Bake the bread at 375 for 25 minutes. Slice and eat while warm.

I ate mine with a side of warm pizza sauce. So tasty! Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment