Friday, October 22, 2010

Let's Eat Gluten Free Cookbook

I got this cookbook at the QC Celiac Dinner on Tuesday night. I am in love with it so far!! I tried yet another recipe on my family tonight. We had the hash brown pizza crust - it was TASTY!

The recipe was submitted by Betty Bast of Waverly, IA.

I let the hash browns thaw on their own for a while. Then you mix together: 2 cups of raw shredded hash browns, 1 rounded TBS of minced onion, 1/8tsp salt, 1 T melted butter, 3/4 C mozzarella cheese and 1 egg, beaten. That's it.

In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together and spread out on well greased medium sized pizza pan. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Take out and cover with pizza sauce and your favorite toppings, heat until cheese is done.

We added turkey pepperoni and Italian pork sausage and the remaining 1 1/4 c of cheese  and I cooked it at 400 for another 7 minutes. It was awesome. The crust wasn't as crispy as a true pizza crust, but the flavor was great. I am going to try it on my pizza stone next time instead of a pan - but there will be a next time!!

While I am having good luck so far with this cookbook, I did run into a recipe I didn't like. I tried to make an English Muffin in a coffee mug in the microwave - it was NASTY. I will not be attempting that again! It was a waste of expensive ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment