Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall is in the air...

Nothing says it's officially Fall til our first fire pit fire at my house. Tonight we did just that, it wasn't so cold that we required blankets but definitely needed a sweatshirt and pants to keep warm by the fire. A fire at my house isn't completely without S'mores, which as you know for me presents a problem.

 Instead of pouting drooling while my husband and son stuff themselves full, I decided to try the S'moreable graham crackers by Kinnikinnick for my cracker portion of my smores.



I cannot lie, I love Hershey's chocolate bars, but I hate how it never fully melts in my s'mores, when it hit me what is better than chocolate bars...nothing.  Nutella, great chocolate taste, but almost healthy in a spreadable form. Ohhhh yea, Nutella.


Add a couple burnt toasted marshmallows and it was perfect! The graham crackers aren't as crispy as a regular graham cracker and OK, I will admit it, I even like the S'moreables a little stale/chewy (Gross I know).


This is the closest I can come to a real s'more and its pretty dang good, if you have been without gluten for a while and miss the campfire goodies, try it, you won't be disappointed. I haven't tried to make a pie crust yet with the crackers, but I plan to for a Thanksgiving pie (the recipe is on the box). I will post when I do and how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment