Friday, September 24, 2010

An Easy Microwave Breakfast

I made a simple gluten free easy breakfast at work today. I made a ham and cheese omelet in the microwave!!


I used a Ziploc Steam Bag and cracked two eggs right into the bag then squished them to break the yokes. I then put in a handful of cut up tavern ham from the Hy-Vee deli. I added a handful of shredded cheddar cheese and zipped up the bag. I then squish it around to get everything egg coated and put it in the microwave. I cooked it for 1 minute and 45 seconds and it was done. Dumped it out onto the plate and topped it with a bit more cheese and salt/pepper to taste (I checked the eggs after 1 minute and moved things around so they didn't get over cooked in any spots).

Easy to get a hot egg breakfast even at work with only a microwave to work with. I would guess this meal cost me about $1.

No comments:

Post a Comment