Thursday, September 23, 2010

Gluten Free Sensation's Sugar Cookie Cut-Out Mix

I have wanted to try these for a couple weeks, but kept forgetting to pick up almond extract, which it says right on the box not to leave out so it's got full flavor. The box only contains the powdered mix, you are required to add butter, eggs, vanilla and almond extract. It does not make a lot of cookies. I mixed up the dough by following the directions then rolled it out and cut bats and ghosts. They fell apart a couple different times taking them from the cutting board to the cookie sheet. I cooked mine about 10 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees. I let them cook on a rack, but there were a couple that were crumbly or broke coming off the pan.

I mixed up cream cheese frosting by the recipe provided on the box. While frosting them a couple of them broke apart which was frustrating since I'm not a good froster anyway! I tried the cookies both with and without frosting. They are good. They have excellent flavor and the cream cheese frosting compliments them well.

My husband and son who are both able to eat gluten liked them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment