Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Twisted Bakery Pumpkin Muffin Mix

I tried this mix today, but I am not a muffin baker. I like to eat muffins and have muffin tops, but I hate making things like cupcakes/muffins, they just seem like too much work.  I decided to try to make pumpkin bars. I used two 9 inch round pans.  They turned out great. My house smelled fantastic while these baked.

I had to add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1/3 cup water and 1 can of pumpkin.  I thought these were reasonable additions to the mix and things I normally have on hand, so it wouldn't add to my grocery bill on top of what I already spend.  I was given this mix to review so I do not know how much it costs. The manufacturer's site sells them for $7, but I am pretty sure Hy-Vee isn't that high.


I made a pan with homemade cream cheese frosting and left one pan plain.

I took some to a gluten free coworker, Patti. She got to try the pumpkin bars while they were still warm. She liked the flavor and liked that there was no after taste. She noticed like I did that there is a "springy" texture to the finished product. It's not a texture that kills the whole dish, but it is different than what I am used to in a bar.

My glutenous husband and son both liked the finished product. My husband preferred the frosted version and my son liked the plain bar (I wasn't about to give him frosting before bed).

Overall it was a tasty final product. It's a product I would purchase to make when I need a dessert to take with me to a holiday meal/party. It can be purchased at "my Hy-vee". They have lots of different mixes to choose from, something to fill every one's needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment