Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Quick & Easy Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo

I just made quite possibly the best quick pasta dish ever. The longest part of the job was cooking the noodles. I love meals that are fast and easy, but healthy and easy to make gluten free at the same time.
Every single product I used was either fresh or plainly labeled gluten free.


I put a pan of water on for my husband's glutenous fettuccine noodles and a small pan of water on for my gluten free noodles, both at the same time. I added a little bit of salt to the water. While the water was brought to a fast boil I quickly sliced an orange bell pepper and put the slices inside a Ziploc steam fresh bag with McCormick's Garlic salt and oregano leaves. I microwaved that bag for 2 minutes.

While the bell pepper was being steamed I chopped fresh garden tomatoes from my garden.  I placed the noodles in their separate pans to keep my stuff separate from my husband's. While the noodles were cooking I chopped up some Hormel Oven Roasted, hand carved chicken (found in the lunch meat section). I placed all of the contents of a Classico Jar of 4 Cheese Alfredo Sauce in a large bowl and added the chopped chicken, tomatoes, and bell pepper and popped it in the microwave for 2 minutes.  I stirred it after two minutes and put it back in for two more minutes. At this point my noodles were done so I drained them first to eliminate the problem of cross contamination.  I put my noodles in a separate bowl and drained the gluten noodles for my family.


As I took the sauce/goodie mix out of the microwave I dished out the amount I'd want on my noodles and mixed it up. I'm not a huge Alfredo fan, but one bite and this quickly become my favorite pasta dish. Over all it took me about 15 minutes from start to finish,. It was heaven. Hope this helps someone on a night when  a fast meal is needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment