Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fusilli Pasta by Schar


I was asked to try this product by Teresa at Hy-VeeW Kimberly at the Tasting, so I tried this gluten free pasta last night for dinner. I was thrilled with the results. This is the first pasta that I have tried that tasted like "real" pasta. I made homemade mac n' cheese, it was perfect to pair this pasta with that. I have tried corn, brown rice, and quinoa pasta however none of them compare to this pasta. Each one of those left a "taste" depending on the main ingredient behind even if it had sauce on it.

I boiled the noodles for about 8 to 10 minutes and then drained them, while they were draining I tried a plain noodle, it was so good I made my glutenous family try a noodle and both of them liked it.


My Mac N Cheese recipe with this pasta from Schar is:

Two handfuls of noodles (great measuring eh?)
1/4 cup milk
2 TBS butter
1 cup of favorite cheese
topped with crushed Potato Chips

I even tucked a stray turkey dog into the batch, it was very tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment